Get Involved - Employment
TITLE: Registered Dietician
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Programs and Operations
UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond, a multi-service organization for persons with HIV, seeks individuals to help persons impacted by HIV.
- Act as nutritional consultant and resource to members of the care team.
- Coordinates various education programs and seminars on nutritional topics.
- Meet with each assigned client to determine client needs based on individual’s situation.
- Follow-up with client to make sure that service has been provided.
- Communicate with each client on a regular basis to determine which needs have been met and to identify any new needs.
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed.
- Collect and submit data reports at designated intervals for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system.
- Participate in weekly multi-disciplinary case conference meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics or related field that meets the requirements of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. This can be acquired through the completion of an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics approved four year Baccalaureate degree program and an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited advanced Training program.
- Certifications and Licenses Required: Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Interested? Contact Us!
Email, fax or mail cover letter and resumes to Kristina Schmidgall, Director of Care Services.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 313-446-9839 Mail: 3011 West Grand Blvd., Suite 230 Detroit, Michigan 48202