Get Involved - Employment
Reentry Medical Case Manager
TITLE: Reentry Medical Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Lead Reentry Medical
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Detroit Office
UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond, a multi-service organization for persons with HIV, seeks individuals to help persons impacted by HIV.
- Meet with each assigned client to determine client needs based on individual’s situation.
- Work with client to determine what needs to be done to help client enter/remain in HIV primary care.
- Help client decide which of the tasks that need to be completed by the client, and which by the case manager.
- Refer client to providers who can help client to achieve his/her goals.
- Maintain contact with providers to ensure client has completed referral process.
- Contact service providers when client has difficulty in accessing services from that provider.
- Follow-up with client to make sure that service has been provided.
- Provide case management services at assigned jail facility to smooth transition of client from jail environment into general population.
- Coordinate care of assigned clients with that of other service providers who provide care to the client, such as substance abuse treatment centers and mental health professionals.
- Communicate with each client on a regular basis to determine which needs have been met and to identify any new needs.
- Meet with each client every six months to review client’s situation.
- Revise service plan with client to reflect any changes in client situation.
- Determine with client the client’s level of self-sufficiency and stability in HIV primary care.
- Discharge client from case management if client is self-sufficient and stable in HIV primary care using agency processes.
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed.
- Conduct outreach and case finding activities as needed to keep clients connected to care.
- Collect and submit data reports at designated intervals for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system.
- Participate in weekly multi-disciplinary case conference meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field or equivalent experience with individuals living with HIV.
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized.
- Must be able to pass a jail clearance.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Interested? Contact Us!
Email, fax or mail cover letter and resumes to Kristina Schmidgall, Director of Care Services.
Mail: 3011 West Grand Blvd., Suite 230 Detroit, Michigan 48202