Get Involved - Employment
Lead Non-Medical Case Manager
TITLE: Lead Non-Medical Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Care Services
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Detroit Office
UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond, a multi-service organization for persons with HIV, seeks individuals to help persons impacted by HIV.
- Meet with each assigned client to determine client needs based on individual’s situation.
- Work with client to determine what assistance is needed to help client remain in HIV care.
- Help client decide which of the tasks that need to be completed by the client, and which by the case manager.
- Refer client to providers who can help client to achieve his/her goals.
- Maintain contact with providers to ensure client has completed referral process.
- Contact service providers when client has difficulty in accessing services from that provider.
- Follow-up with client to make sure that service has been provided.
- Coordinate care of assigned clients with that of other service providers who provide care to the client, such as substance abuse treatment centers and mental health professionals.
- Communicate with each client on a regular basis to determine which needs have been met and to identify any new needs.
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed.
- Conduct outreach and case finding activities as needed to keep clients connected to care.
- Collect and submit data reports at designated intervals for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system.
- Participate in weekly multi-disciplinary case conference meetings.
- Supervise Wayne State University Care Coordination Program.
- Work with case managers and linkage to care specialists to resolve problems with individual clients.
- Monitor proper documentation of client services and help staff to improve documentation.
- Meet monthly with each assigned staff members to review client cases for accuracy and adherence to agency standards.
- Assist Director of Care Services in collection and analysis of data.
- Ensure compliance with the grantee standards.
Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, nursing or related field and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in health care, mental health or substance abuse preferred. Experience and/or training related to HIV/AIDS, substance abuse disorders, mental health and homelessness preferred. Must be able to function independently and be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic and multi-ethnic groups. Must be culturally sensitive to the LGBTQ community. Familiarity with evaluation and quality assurance in case management services.
Interested? Contact Us!
Email, fax or mail cover letter and resumes to Kristina Schmidgall, Director of Care Services.
Mail: 3011 West Grand Blvd., Suite 230 Detroit, Michigan 48202