Get Involved - Employment
Human Resource Manager
TITLE: Human Resource Manager
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Detroit and Ypsilanti Locations
POSTING: UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond seeks Human Resources Manager. Submit a resume and cover letter to Linda Bielskis via email at email@example.com no later than November 8, 2019.
- Work with the Leadership Team to develop all policies and procedures, tracking systems, training calendars and audit process for the department.
- Coordinate all aspects of workforce development:
- Providing customer service to UHHB employees.
- Answering employee questions via email, phone and/or in person.
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records.
- Organize and conduct all activities for recruiting:
- Internal and external posting of open positions.
- Attending job fairs and/or other events where recruiting may take place.
- Scheduling, preparing interview documents and where needed assist in the interview process.
- Organizing resumes, job applications and scheduling interviews.
- Obtaining all pre-hiring background, driver’s license, etc. checks
- Organize and conduct all activities for hiring and orientation:
- Conduct an organization tour.
- Responsible to ensure that employees receive orientation.
- Organize and conduct elements of new employee orientation.
- Obtaining any required primary source verifications, etc.
- Coordinate with IT to obtain designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.
- Obtain needed required security badges, keys, etc. for access to building(s).
- Ensure all required training is received and attestations are collected for each human resource record.
- Develop and maintain personnel and training records for each staff members:
- Work with the leadership team to develop a tracking system for monitoring all credentials, certification, training, etc. for all employees.
- Utilize and maintain a tracking system to ensure compliance with UHHB, contract and organization requirements.
- Conduct regular file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Oversee compensation and benefit processes:
- Collecting employment and tax information.
- Conducting benefit enrollment process.
- Employee Exit or termination:
- Conduct investigation and disciplinary processes.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is completed and filed, according to protocols, in the employee HR record.
- Processing incoming department mail and telephone inquiries.
- Creating and disseminating information and documents to employees of UHHB.
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators.
- Maintaining computer system by updating and entering data.
- All other duties as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 5-years of experience in human resource administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment regulations and ability to articulate and execute policies and procedures that support UHHB compliance.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Physical Demand: Duties conducted within a professional office setting and access areas within the building with stairs. Regular computer keyboard use and some light lifting (10-15 lbs.) may be required. Some travel may be associated with the position.
UHHB Detroit and Ypsilanti
Interested? Contact Us!
Submit a resume and cover letter to Linda Bielskis via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 8, 2019.