Get Involved - Employment
GEM Psychosocial Case Manager
TITLE: GEM Psychosocial Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Lead Medical Case Manager
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Detroit Office
UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond, a multi-service organization for persons with HIV, seeks individuals to help persons impacted by HIV.
- In collaboration with the nurse case manager, complete a bio-psycho-social assessment, utilizing a multi-disciplinary approach where appropriate, to include all information necessary to determine need for health and social services. This should include a suicide assessment, readiness to engage in substance abuse treatment, and need for additional social support structures.
- Develop with client/family a service delivery plan based on identified needs, available community resources, and financial status of client. Direct clients to needed services and coordinate and monitor access to and delivery of quality services,
- Weekly monitor and coordinate, through contact with family and community resource service providers, to insure optimal utilization of offered services and adequate provision of needed services.
- Reassess every six months the care delivery plan with client/family to determine condition/situation, evaluate effectiveness in meeting predetermined goals, and assess continued cost effectiveness for client. Revise goals and/or care delivery plan accordingly.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date client records including demographics, assessment, reassessment, proof of status, care plan implementation, and evaluation of care.
- Prepare client for discharge from case management when appropriate and arrange for any ongoing care needed after discharge.
- Provide risk reduction education (i.e. safer sex education, safer injection education) in order to prevent comorbidity risk and increased community viral load.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a network referral system in the health care and social service community by becoming familiar with formal and informal services available to both clients/families, reporting new services or changes in established services, and identifying gaps in available community services.
- Assist in providing services to non-medical case managed and intake clients.
- Connect clients to resources in order to access mental health, substance abuse, and other psychosocial needs.
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed.
- Conduct outreach and case finding activities as needed to keep clients connected to care.
- Collect and submit data reports at designated intervals for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system.
- Participate in weekly multi-disciplinary case conference meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field or commensurate experience with HIV positive individuals.
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
Interested? Contact Us!
Fax or mail cover letter and resumes to UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond, 3011 West Grand Blvd., Suite 230 Detroit, Michigan 48202, Fax: 313-446-9839, Attention Kristina Schmidgall, Director of Care Services. Resume and cover letter can also be emailed to: email@example.com.