Get Involved - Employment
Administrative Office Assistant
TITLE: Administrative Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Detroit and Ypsilanti Locations
POSTING: UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond seeks an administrative office assistant.
Submit a resume and cover letter to Linda Bielskis via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 11, 2019.
- Work with the leadership team (President/CEO and Vice Presidents) organizing and processing documentation to include:
- Obtaining and/or creating needed documents for grants.
- Organizing and maintaining all personnel records.
- Assist with bank deposits and other errands in support of office operations.
- Organize all onboarding documents for new employees to include:
- New employee packet.
- Benefits packet and registration in Ease Central.
- Communicate with all benefit partners to maintain current rosters and special communication as needed.
- Organize meeting(s) for onboarding including development of agenda and preparation of paper and electronic documents.
- Obtaining all pre-hiring background checks (criminal, driver’s license).
- Conducting pre-hire reference checks.
- Routine maintenance of numerous tracking systems to include:
- Probationary and annual performance reviews and communicate approaching deadlines to immediate supervisors.Driver’s license and insurance expiration dates and communication to staff as updates are needed.
- Business agreements, memorandums of understanding, etc. and communicate needed updates to the leadership team.
- Conduct regular personnel file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Receive approved PTO requests enter them into Google shared calendar; filing originals into the personnel record.
- General duties:
- Answering calls and routing messages for the organization during specific, scheduled times.
- Obtaining and tracking all status changes and disseminating as required to designated contacts.
- Obtaining demographic changes from staff members and filing in personnel files.
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Receiving supply requests and ensuring adequate office supplies for all offices.
- Receive and process maintenance requests to maintain operational copiers, postage meters, phones, printers, computers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 3-5 years of experience in support staff administration.
- Proficient in Google calendars, Microsoft Office Suite, word, outlook, excel, Power Point, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to travel between Detroit and Ypsilanti as needed.
- Duties conducted within a professional office setting and access areas within the building with stairs. Regular computer keyboard use and some light lifting (10-15 lbs.) may be required.
Interested? Contact Us!